Thursday, January 1, 2015

A New Year-Take Me Deeper Journey

I am about to embark on a wonderful journey. New things are scary sometimes. All of my character defects seem to be trying to pull me away from this journey, even though I am desperate to know Christ more intimately and to experience His Supreme love and acceptance.  My seemingly lack of commitment, my procrastination, my inability to accept myself the way God made me...all these things, and others, are trying to pull me away from this walk with Christ. To combat this, I have to keep reminding myself that "the enemy" doesn't want me to succeed!  And the Bible verse that I found on the Take Me Deeper page spells out what I want...what I desperately need and want...is to get closer to HIM so that I may find myself cradled in the arms of His love. 
...so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, 18 may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, 19 and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God. Ephesians 3:17-19 NIV
So, here I am, just about ready for my journey. I have my 3 ring binder, my supplies, and my desire. I ask God's help so I won't fail:
God to help me because I am weak. When I feel that I want to procrastinate, Lord, please remind me that You are trying to help me see my own worth. When I want to waste time watching too much TV, or binge on cookies, remind me that there are MANY ways I have learned to deflect the importance of getting closer to You; and that only through YOU will I find my true happiness! Father When I feel depressed, guide me with your compassion, as You show me how to come out of the pit I have gotten too accustomed to being in. Help me see a better way, Father God...YOUR way.  In Christ Jesus' name, I humbly ask these things. Amen 

No comments:

Post a Comment